The Hudson Boosters Board of Directors, after much consideration, has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 in-house and traveling softball and baseball seasons.
Despite holding onto hope and working our way to what we had hoped would be a season, the obstacles ultimately became greater than what we could overcome, while continuing to focus on the safety of our players, their families and our community.
Some of the obstacles include:
- Field availability
- Safe execution requirements (social distancing, sanitation, crowd control)
- Extended season conflicts (planned family vacations, fall sports)
- Legal and insurance considerations
- COVID-19 response requirements (contact tracing and team quarantine expectations)
- Uncertainty of what any sort of season might look like (availability of opponents, travel time)
- Differences between WI and MN requirements and guidelines
- The ability to offer an overall good experience
While we could have waited a little longer, we feel that this is the best decision for our community, with the information that we have. We felt it was important to make a decision and provide an announcement to you as soon as possible. This timing prevents us from incurring additional expenses, allowing us to provide full refunds to all registered players, in each of the leagues mentioned above.
We appreciate your past support and your understanding as we look to the future. We will be following up soon with information on the distribution of full refunds of registration fees (and any pre-paid DIBS payments). Keep an eye out for information on camps and clinics for our players later this summer and tryouts for our 2021 traveling teams.
Hudson Boosters Board of Directors