The Hudson Booster’s, via a partnership with the Maplewood Athletic Association (MAA), are offering a recreational level baseball opportunity for players who are currently in the 9th – 12th grades. The MAA is offering 2 different leagues: The MIDGET league for 9th graders and a SENIOR league for 10th – 12 graders.
It is important to note that these are not Hudson Booster programs, but players from Hudson will be eligible to register through the MAA for these leagues.
The Hudson Boosters are offering these programs for those players that would prefer to play at a Recreational level rather than a Traveling level at age 15 and above. Cost for Recreational level versus the Traveling level may also be a factor in your decision.
- Players will sign up on the MAA website: http://www.maplewoodbaseball.org/
- MAA Registration page: Registration takes place from mid-January through March
- Register as an individual
- The MAA then groups players together by neighborhood. We will set up a “Hudson Neighborhood” category.
- If there are more registrations for 1 team but not enough for 2:
- They may group an additional 6 or so Hudson kids, if need be, with another “neighborhood” with kids from other communities.
- Hudson limited to 2 teams per league so registration will be closed once all spots are filled.
- Hudson teams will most likely be from 12-13 kids per team.
- $110 player fee paid to MAA
- Fee will cover uniforms, umpires, game fields, team game balls, team practice balls, two team bats, catcher equipment, team hats, pants, belt and jersey.
- Players need to provide their own helmets.
- $(TBD) Team Administrative fee (appx $20)
- Full refund up to June 15th.
- Player must return full uniform
- After June 15th, refunds are pro-rated.
- Starts the week of May 20th
- Games played on Monday thru Thursday at 6:15 pm.
- Each team plays 14 games, followed by the year end tournament.
- The season ends with a year-end tournament the week of July 15th, 2013.
- Games will be played in Roseville , Maplewood , Oakdale, Little Canada and Stillwater .
- Hudson will not be able to host games, at least for this initial season.
- A request can be made by a Hudson team to have more games scheduled at Stillwater , Maplewood and Oakdale locations, as opposed to the furthest location to the west, which would be Roseville .
- Hudson Boosters will have scheduled pre-season practices at the E.P. North field
- Coach(es) would need to schedule seasonal practices by contacting Bill Junco at email@example.com